Export Song Library as a printed document

Mar 12 (6 months ago)
Andrew J. Wynn wrote
Under Ver. 5 there was a simple process to export the song Lib as a printed Doc. In the new version ver. 6 it is not clear how that process is Our song leader uses this doc from time to time to clean-up the song Lib.
Reply
9 Answers
Mar 13 (6 months ago)
David May agent wrote
I would be happy to help you. You can go to the insert lyric button, then click a song in the song list and press Control + A to select all songs. Then right click any of the selected, and click Export Lyrics. Then change the export format to "Text .txt files."
Mar 19 (6 months ago)
Andrew J. Wynn wrote
Thanks for the quick return on my question. Following your directions will export the entire song, but what she is wanting is to print off just the song title, Song ID and last date modified. Is that possible
Mar 22 (6 months ago)
Wanda Johnson wrote
I have the same question. We need a song list for a new Worship Leader of what is in our system.
Mar 25 (5 months ago)
David May agent wrote
Unfortunately there's not really a way to do that. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. However, for the purpose of providing a worship leader with what songs you've done, etc, you should use the lyric reporting tool! It will show any song you've had in a script since MediaShout 6 was installed. If you o to the Advanced tab, then Lyric Reporting, you'll find it. On the window, you can define a date range, and then press calculate, to see all the songs you've done. Then you can even press Export to save it as an Excel file to send to the worship leader or print. Of course, you could also have the worship leader actually look at the lyric window of MediaShout on the presentation computer or even put a copy of MediaShout on their office or personal computer and import the song library there, so they can have direct access to see. Let me know if needing steps on how to import the library!
Mar 30 (5 months ago)
Andrew J. Wynn wrote
David - is there any plans to add that feature, exporting/printing specific data elements. This was real handy in V5, but I see we have lost some features in v6. Having the worship leader sit at the computer and scan through 500 plus songs, not a good idea. If I attempt to use the export function to an Excel spreadsheet, that would work if I did not get all of the lyrics, just the identifying data elements.
Mar 30 (5 months ago)
Jennie White wrote
I must say i'm disappointed that this feature is not available as well since it is much needed.
Apr 01 (5 months ago)
David May agent wrote
I totally understand. I am submitting feedback on this for our development team leader for the future so we can do something about this as soon as possible. I can't guarantee anything, but it's definitely on our radar and something we'd like to have. Andrew-- yes, it will just show the song name, writer, and info like the CCLI number/song ID, and I believe the number of times it has been used. Keep in mind, it will only be ones you've actually used in a script over the period you select. But that could be helpful anyway, to eliminate ones that are in the database that were maybe just default songs that were never used anyway.
Apr 02 (5 months ago)
Andrew J. Wynn wrote
Thanks for the reply and the willingness to consider my request. Some additional info that you can provide to the development team for them to consider. When exporting the song library for the purpose of DB clean-up or the elimination of songs that are no longer in the CCLI/Song Select master DB. The following data items should be included in the basic report: Title, Author, Song ID, CCLI Number and the date that the song was lasted modified; with the option (checkbox) of selecting the number of times that a specific song was used in a script within a specified data range. In most cases the data elements mentioned as part of the basic report would be very helpful in keeping the song library manageable.
Apr 03 (5 months ago)
David May agent wrote
Sure thing, I will pass this along as well. These are helpful thoughts. I did also get a suggestion for in the meantime, from one of my colleagues. I personally haven't used it so I'm not familiar with how it would work, but he advises you could also export the entire library to a Text File and then use something like NOTEPAD++ to remove all lines except the Title Line (or other lines you want to keep).