If you are finding that upon firing a video inside of MediaShout, that it either crashes the program OR simply shows a "black" screen, it is very likely that your "codecs" need to be installed. It is possible that your computer performed a Windows update or your "codecs" were never installed. Your codecs are the recipe on how Windows plays your videos in MediaShout. Follow this link and the instructions specifically and you'll be up and running. This link should work for all versions of MediaShout and all versions of Windows. Follow the link to proceed:
Articles in this section
- Setting Up Screens in MediaShout Version 6 (Windows / Mac)
- Suggested Video Cards for MediaShout
- All screens show black in Mediashout 6
- Buying a Computer? Read This First!
- C++ Error when installing MediaShout 6
- Codecs for Windows 7/8/10 with MediaShout 5 & 6
- Crashing and/or Freezing Issues in MediaShout 6
- Crashing Upon Activation of MediaShout 6
- Deactivating Mediashout 6 for Windows
- Error: The installed version of media shout could not be determined.