Occasionally users need to transfer their MediaShout 6 files to another computer in order to use the same script files, songs, etc on the new computer. Here is the best way to do this:
(NOTE: In MediaShout 6, you will need to Deactivate your license before you activate it on the new computer if the old computer is no longer going to be used for MediaShout. In the upper right corner of the program, you will see an italicized ( i ). Clicking this will open another window where you will see your license code (Please make note of this code) and a Deactivate button. This is to release one of your licenses so that you can use it on the new computer and will not prevent you from accessing your files. If you exceed your total number of allotted activations, it will not let you activate a copy for use on a new computer, until at least one of the older computers is deactivated.
- On the old computer, you will need to copy one directory to an external device. This is the Media Shout folder located at Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support. Please keep in mind, this does not include media files you have stored elsewhere on the computer. These files will need to be transferred in the same manner.
- Now that you have the Media Shout folder on an external device, open this folder and look for a folder called LicenseData MediaShout 6 folder located in the MediaComplete folder.
- From here, delete the 4 files that begin with the #7.
- Take the copied Media Shout and place it in the same location as noted above on the new computer.
- Install MediaShout 6 on the new computer. Please download a new copy of the software by clicking HERE. Use this new download instead of using an install disc. The prevents the immediate need for updating after you install the software.
If you have any other files that you use in MediaShout, such as pictures or videos, located somewhere other than the Media Shout folder, then you will need to copy them separately and put them in the exact same location on the new computer. If you don't have the exact same directory structure on the new computer, then we recommend reorganizing your media and other files in the Media Shout folder before you transfer the Media Shout folder to the new computer.