Here is a breakdown of how you'd use Band in Hand inside Mediashout:
1) Insert a song cue like you normally would to get the lyrics into your script. I would recommend already having the lyrics in the appropriate order you want for the arrangement.
2) While the song cue is selected in your script, go to Insert Object and then "BIH Song"
3) The first time, you'll need to click "New BIH Song" and put in your Worship Band in Hand email address and password. After the first sign in, and after you do the steps below, you'll have a list appearing here with all songs that have been downloaded. This will count as one of your 5 devices activated. (You can manage those on worshipbandinhand.com and click My Account then Device Activations).
4) From there it will open up the Band in Hand Tool window where you can manage your songs and arrangements/mixes
5) Click the download button for any songs you want to download to this computer for use in Band in Hand/Mediashout
6) Once a song is downloaded, you'll be able to make various changes to it as far as the arrangement or mix, and then press either Create New Mix or Save as Default. This will give you options as to which one to use when you insert it. Once you are finished, close this window.
7) Go back to Insert Object with the song cue selected, and then click "BIH Song" and now you will see a list of all downloaded songs available. Double click the song you want to go with the current lyric cue. Now it is added to the song.
*At this point you are finished if you want to just have the music play when you fire the song cue and manually operate the lyric slides. You'd just fire the song cue, and run through the lyrics to advance them manually just like you normally would. However, if you want to trigger the lyrics to advance automatically based on the Band in Hand arrangement, you can follow the steps below.
8) Click on the little mixer icon with volume faders that is to the right under the Inline Editor on the song cue
9) Click the Auto Place button in the ribbon bar at the top towards the middle. This puts all the stanzas on a timeline for you to work with.
10) Now you need to drag all the stanzas to where you'd like them to advance on the timeline. This will take some trial and error although they will be close already due to the connection between the stanza titles and the order you already had them in. I recommend starting from the left and going to the right, as the stanzas will build off each other on the timeline.
***Please note: sometimes the music will not play the next time when you try to re-fire the song cue after you have made adjustments, etc. To get it to play correctly from the beginning of the cue again, just fire another song or other cue besides the one you're working on, then click back to re-fire the song cue you're working on, and it will play.
11) Once you're done, be sure to save the song to your library so it will be already setup next time you load it in from your Mediashout song library. (To do this, just click the yellow triangle at the top right of the song cue thumbnail, and click Save to Library.