Sometimes users run into a problem with dvds that don't play the right clip once you fire it after inserting into the script. this is because of the way some dvds are formatted. There is a feature in MediaShout that will force them to play exactly what you selected. This feature is a check box right underneath the In, Out, and Thumb marker buttons called Use Alternative Method For Setting Frame Marks. When you find the clip that you want to use you have to check that box and then set the In (start time) and Out (end time) points by clicking the marker buttons next to them.
Here are instructions for using this feature to insert a dvd clip:
- Go to Insert > Video > Video DVD. (A preview window will open.)
- Navigate to your clip using the video preview on the left side of the preview window.
- After finding your clip, start the clip rolling. (You may need to hit the pause button on the right side of the window in case the clip starts immediately.)
- Check the box that says Use alternative Method For Setting Frame Marks. (The "In" button numbers will turn gray. This does NOT mean that it is disabled. It simply means that you cannot manually insert the numbers. You have to use the marker button right next to In.)
- Click on the "In" marker button when it gets to the point at which you want the clip to start.
- Click on the "Out" marker button when it gets to the point at which you want the clip to end.
- Click on the Select button to save the clip as a dvd cue in the script.
NOTE: MediaShout cannot legally capture the dvd clips to the hard drive. You have to have the dvd in the computer while using a clip in MediaShout.