- Have your computer on, fully logged in and running.
- Plug the USB or PS/2 cable (not both) into the related port on your computer.
- Plug the Power Presenter base/receiver unit into the cable.
- Launch a text editing software application like MS Word.
- Open a blank document and have that on the front window of your monitor.
- On the back of the base/receiver unit, press the Program button 3 times.
- Keyboard commands will begin appearing on your open text window.
- When you see the command you need for your software, immediately press the button on your remote that you wish to be matched to that keystroke. For MediaShout the normal commands are:
- F10 - Top Button
- F9 - Middle Button
- F6 - Top and Middle buttons pressed together
When a command is recognized, the LED on the base/receiver will flash and the scrolling text will pause. The scrolling will continue until all three button options (top, middle, both) are programmed. If you do not wish to use all three keystoke commands, simply unplug your base/receiver unit from the cable to stop the process.
- Close your text software.
- Test your remote to confirm the commands you wanted.