MediaShout v4 can be installed from either an installation disk or internet download. Installation from disk is pretty self explanitory. To install from a download (and this is recommended so that you have a current installer), visit our Knowledge Base and download either the full installer from the Annoiuncements / Downloads section or the latest update from the home page of the Help Desk (you can use the update if you installed MediaShout before and have an existing My Shout folder).
After the program is installed, when you open the program for the first time, it walks you through an activation process. This will activate your MediaShout license code on our online database and also let you register your product. (An Internet connection is required for this process to be able to go through correctly.)
If you do not have an Internet connection available on the computer, you can activate MediaShout manually using the following instructions:
- Open MediaShout and get to the license code screen.
- Insert your v4 license number.
- Choose Manually Using A Web Browser Method Of Activation.
- Write down both codes and go to our MediaShout Activation page.
- Insert your License Number and Installation ID.
- Check the "I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions" box.
- Click the Generate Unlock Code/Certificate button.
You can also call MediaShout Customer Care to activate if manually if one of the other options do not work.