After you install MediaShout v4 and try to run it for the first time, it will prompt you to Activate the software. (Activating MediaShout registers the product with us and enables the computer to be licensed to use the software.) It will give you the choice to Activate and you will be prompted for your license code number that came with the software. After typing your license code in, you will need to choose a Method.
The most common method is Automatic. (NOTE: An Internet connection is required for this option.)
This will automatically connect to our web site and verify your license number and let you know that it was successfully activated.
A second method for activating is Manually Using a Web Browser.
This option will allow you to activate "manually" by going to a computer that is online and generating an activation code and bringing it back to the target computer. Here are instructions for doing this:
- After selecting this method, it will generate an Installation ID number based on your license code that you typed in.
- Go to a computer that is online.
- Get online and go to our Online Activation web site.
- Input your License Number and Installation ID number in the appropriate fields.
- Check the box that says "I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions".
- Click on the Generate Unlock Code/Certificate button. (This will generate an unlock code to use in order to activate MediaShout.)
- Go back to the MediaShout computer and insert that unlock code in the "Enter Your Unlock Code Here" field.
- Hit Next.
It will tell you that your activation was successful and MediaShout will now be licensed for use on your computer.
The 3rd method for activating is Manually Via Email.
This method allows you to email your request for an activation code to our Customer Care center. After you get an email reply back, you can copy and paste the unlock code into the Enter The Unlock Code Here field to activate.