It appears that on a small percentage of computers a critical file is not being updated during the installation of build 211. The process to fix it is as follows:
1 Click Start and type services in the search. This will open the services page.
2. Find "AST Service, right click it and go to Properties.
3. Stop the service and set the Start up Type to Disabled.
4. Look for Nalpeiron Licensing Service, right click it and go to Properties
5. Start the service and make sure the Start up Type is set to Automatic.
6. Close Services and launch MediaShout.
If this fails please try the following:
1. Go to the 'Run' dialog (in XP it appears in the Start menu; otherwise type 'Run' in the Start menu search window).
2. Enter the following text and hit enter: services.msc
3. Locate the 'Nalpeiron Licensing Service' and stop it using the link in the upper left or right-click on it and select 'Stop'.
4. Download the file at the link below, save it to your computer and then unzip it.
5. Depending on whether you have 32 bit or 64 bit Windows, copy the file that you unzipped in step 4 (nlssrv32.exe) to:
- 32 bit: C:\Windows\System32 (Overwrite the existing file)
- 64 bit: C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (Overwrite the existing file)
6. Go back to the Services window and start the 'Nalpeiron Licensing Service' the same way you stopped it.
7. Relaunch MediaShout and it should work fine.