Under certain conditions, some customers have experienced a problem after installing or updating MediaShout version 4. These problems usually occur because Windows doesn't have all of the available updates installed, and a new component in these builds cannot be used without those supporting files. If you have experienced this issue, you will have received errors like these:
- "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log..."
- "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling... "
- "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application."
- Install ALL Windows updates that are available. (This will very likely involve running the Windows Update utility multiple times until it tells you that no more updates are available.)
- Run this Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Installer.
- Run MediaShout.