There are a couple of things that will cause connection issues with SongSelect. The most common error is caused by the time and date settings on the system. If these are incorrect, you will get the following error.
NOTE: If the clock is more than 7.5 minutes off in either direction, SongSelect will give you this error.
So if you get this error, please do the following:
1. Right click the Time and Date section in the Task Bar and select "Adjust data/time".
2. Then click on the Change time zone button.
3. Make sure the Time Zone is correct and the option for automatically adjusting the clock for Daylight Savings Time is selected.
4. Then click Change date and time button.
5. Make sure the Time, Date and AM/PM settings are correct and click OK and OK again.
If the settings are correct, make sure you have your SongSelect credentials and go to Tools/Settings/Songs(V4) or Lyrics(V5) and clock the SongSelect button and then click the Reset SongSelect Connection button. Then click Close and OK. Then try SongSelect again.
The second issue will effect both SongSelect and Planning Center Online. Although we are not 100% certain, we think it was a Windows update that changed the settings in Internet Explorer which will give you the following error in both SongSelect and Planning Center Online.
Although your default browser may be different, MediaShout uses Internet Explorer. So to resolve this issue, open the settings for Internet Explorer and select Internet Options. Select the Advance Tab and click the Restore Advance Settings button. This should clear it up.