Occasionally users need to transfer their MediaShout v4.5 files to another computer in order to use the same script files, songs, etc on the new computer. Here is the best way to do this:
(NOTE: In MediaShout v4, you will need to go to Tools>License Manager and Deactivate your license before you activate it on the new computer if the old computer is no longer going to be used for MediaShout. This is to release one of your licenses so that you can use it on the new computer. It will not let you activate a copy for use on a new computer if you exceed your total number of allotted installs.)
- On the old computer, copy the My Shout folder, found at C/Users/Public, to a jump drive or an external Hard Drive. (The My Shout folder contains all the necessary files needed for the program such as the media, bibles, song database, etc.) Please keep in mind, this does not include media files you have stored elsewhere on the computer. These files will need to be transferred in the same manner as the My Shout folder.
- Take the copied files to the new computer.
- Copy the My Shout folder to the default location, C/Users/Public.
- Be sure to delete the contents of your User Settings folder before you install MediaShout. The files in this folder are system specific and need to be deleted. (C/Users/Public/My Shout/V4/User Settings) MediaShout will recreate any file it will need.
- Installing MediaShout v4.5 on the new computer. Please download a new copy of B294 Full Installer as well as the B297 update. You can find these files by clicking HERE. DO NOT any old install disc. This will ensure you have the most updated version as the disc you may have may be outdated.
If you have any other files that you use in MediaShout, such as pictures or videos, located somewhere other than the My Shout folder, then you will need to copy them separately and put them in the exact same location on the new computer. If you don't have the exact same directory structure on the new computer, then we recommend reorganizing your media and other files in the My Shout/Shoutable Library folder before you transfer the My Shout folder to the new computer.
Once you have made the transfer and MediaShout is open you will need to go the Song Deck and run the "Check Media Files in Library" utility (see pic below). MediaShout will then search the system and re-associate the media files back to your Song Library. If you open old scripts and other cues are disabled, go to File/Check Media Files and MediaShout will try and locate the missing media for the currently open script