MediaShout 6 for Mac supports many types of graphic, video, and audio files. Below is a list of supported file types:
SUPPORTED FILE TYPES
- JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg)
- Portable Network Graphics (.png) *Transparent png or alpha channel also supported
- Windows or OS/2 Bitmap (.bmp)
- Pixmap Graphic (.xpm)
- QuickTime (.mov)
- Apple Video (.m4v, .mp4) *h.264 recommended
- MPEG-1&2 (.mpg, .mpeg)
- Video for Windows (.avi, .wmv) Note: Macs do not natively support these file types so you will not be able to play or preview them from within Mac OS itself. However, testing shows MediaShout is able to view and play them once inserted into your script.
- VOB files (.vob) Note: .vob files are files copied from a DVD. Again, Macs do not natively support these file types so you will not be able to play or preview them from within Mac OS itself. Since all DVD's are not created the same, playback results may vary. If the files do not play, or play without audio, using a free utility like Handbrake may help. Click HERE for a link to their website.
*Flash Video NOT supported (for example, .flv, .swf)
- MPEG-3 (.mp3)
- MPEG-4 (.m4a)
- Waveform Audio (.wav)
- Band in Hand Song (.bih)