If you are finding that MediaShout 6 is freezing or crashing, there may be a few items outside of MediaShout causing some issues. While we continually work to make MediaShout 6 the best Church Presentation software on the market, updating and tweaking issues for Windows, video card drivers, and codecs can dramatically resolve major crashes. We ask that you use this list to make sure that your computer is in peak condition for MediaShout. If you find that after going through this list you are still having issues, please call our tech support hotline and we will be happy to help.
1) Click on the Start Menu and type "Device Manager" in the search box. Click the menu item that shows Device Manager. Once that opens, click the arrow or plus sign (depending on your version of Windows) to the left of "Display Adapters" and double-click your video card. Click the driver tab and see what the driver date is. Video card manufacturers come out with driver updates about every 3 months, so if yours is older than that, I recommend updating that. To do that, please go to the manufacturer's website DIRECTLY and download the latest driver. Do NOT use the Update Driver option (Windows updates) in this box to find this (it often doesn't have the latest information). Click here for detailed instructions on downloading the latest video card driver for your video card.
2) If you ONLY have an "Intel HD Graphics" video card, this video card is not supported with MediaShout and will crash often. Some gaming laptops will have this Intel HD Graphics along with an AMD or NVIDIA dedicated card, this is OK. The Intel HD Graphics is one of the lowest level video cards in a computer. It takes a powerful engine to do multiple screens, videos, etc. If you ONLY have an Intel HD Graphics card and you have a laptop, you will have to replace your laptop with a more powerful machine like a gaming laptop. If it is a desktop, we recommend the Gigabyte GTX 1050 video card. We can help you more on video card specs if you have questions.
3) Next, do ALL Windows Updates. There are some Windows Components that we use for text rendering that require the latest update for that. Make sure you are on the latest updates from Windows.
4) After that is done, go back to the Start Menu and click in the search box and type "Change Display" and choose the option for Display Settings. Make sure the resolution in Windows matches the resolution you have shown in MediaShout 6 under the Settings Tab of the Ribbon->General Settings Icon->Cue Setup Tab.
5) If you are using a 16:9 ratio and are running 1920x1080, let me encourage you to set this lower, if you can. If it is set this high, your video card is using 4 times the amount of processing as it would be if you set it to 1280x720. Do that in both the Windows Display settings AND in MediaShout. In almost all cases, the congregation will see no difference in quality and your video card does not have to work nearly as hard.
6) Make sure you have the latest video codecs. Click here for instructions on downloading codecs. Find the codec article titled: Codecs for MediaShout running on Windows 7, 8 & 10
7) You are using a PowerPoint version other than PowerPoint 2010. For more information on this, please visit: https://support.mediashout.com/830146-Using-PowerPoint-2010-and-Newer-in-MediaShout
NOTE: If you are experiencing a crash during the activation process, please visit this article. Crash Upon Activation of MediaShout 6
If you are still having issues and are in your 30 day window or initial Trial period, please give us a call (866-857-1292). Otherwise, please have your Plus Membership number handy when calling. If you are not sure if you have a Plus Membership and would like more information, please click HERE.