To download the latest build of MediaShout 7, please visit our Downloads page!
Build 7.2.6 (Build 1513) - Mar 5, 2020
Changes / Improvements:
- BUGFIX - Correctly converts Cues Library even if it is currently empty. This prevents repeated prompts for Cues Library conversion without ever changing anything!
- BUGFIX - Deletes related content from Cues Library folder when cue is deleted from library.
Build 7.2.6 (Build 1507) - Feb 26, 2020
Changes / Improvements:
- NEW FEATURE - Import scripts from MediaShout 6! We've been working on this for a long time, and you can now Import scripts from v6. (See below for known limitations.)
- IMPROVEMENT - The Cues Library feature has had it's storage method completely reworked to speed up saving and accessing your cues. Your existing library will be converted to this new format the first time that you launch this build, so please be prepared for that to occur. (NOTE: The time needed will vary depending on the size of you library, but it can take several minutes on large libraries.)
- IMPROVEMENT - Importing PowerPoint files as 'Images' now produces cues much more accurately at a wider range of resolutions.
- IMPROVEMENT - Importing PowerPoint files as 'Presentation' now creates native MediaShout 7 cues which more closely resemble the original presentation in a wider range of situations.
- IMPROVEMENT - The Control Screen layout has been adjusted to accommodate the use of 1366x768 screens (which are very common on 14-15" laptops). All controls are now available on these screens without hiding the taskbar.
- We made some changes to the activation system which provide an improved experience for those upgrading from MediaShout 6.
- Numerous bug fixes and minor improvements.
Known Issues / Limitations:
- MediaShout 6 Import - Because MediaShout 7 does not support certain types of cues that were present in v6, many of those cues cannot be imported yet or are imported in a modified form. We are still developing additional cue types and adding features, so as those items are released we will add support for them to be imported from v6 scripts into v7.
- Cues Library conversion - The process of converting the Cues Library can take a long time with large libraries. Please do not close MediaShout during this process! While not usually essential, it is recommended that you restart v7 after the conversion if you have a large library. Your computer may report that MediaShout is 'Not responding' during this conversion, and that is completely normal. This process only happens once, and after the software is finished it will become responsive again and you can continue as normal.
- Importing PowerPoint as 'Presentation' - Due to limitations of the conversion tool that we are using, some content will look different after being imported. Presentations which make use of 'Themes' in PowerPoint will show this the most, but some other content is affected as well.
Build 7.2.5 (Build 1431) - Dec 5, 2019
Changes / Improvements:
- Fixed a bug that prevented firing cues by double-clicking in the Presenter View.
- Fixed a bug which caused some ‘Insert Lyrics’ controls to be grey-out when using SongSelect.
- Fixed an issue with muted video objects that would sometimes play the audio. Now they don’t.
- Improvement to loading scripts that fixes previous issues with old scripts.
- Improvement to adding Page Breaks in text.
- The ‘Mirror Main’ switch on the Viewers tab now retains its position between launches.
- Removed the ‘Edit on the fly’ switch in settings, because that feature is always on now!
- Changed the default for ‘Autosave’ to be off to avoid unexpected interruptions to playback.
- Numerous other small, under-the-hood, bug fixes and improvements.
Build 7.2.5 (Build 1410) - Nov 29, 2019
While this build contains a few visible changes, the primary focus has been to improve and optimize the core foundation of the software. These changes have improved the stability of the software by avoiding or fixing issues that were found with 3rd party tools. They also prepare for upcoming feature additions and improvements.
Changes / Improvements:
- NEW FEATURE - Most edits made to the currently fired cue now display instantly on-screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash when playing multiple consecutive video cues in some cases.
- Fixed an issue with Locked objects that prevented reopening script in some cases.
- Fixed an issue with Sermon Builder which would disable the ability to ‘Create’ (finish) the script.
- Improvements to adding pages to cues.
- Improvements to Drag and Drop.
- Improvements to Copy and Pasted cues and pages.
- Improvements to Transitions
Known Issues / Limitations:
- Object attributes (lock, layer order, etc) of previous scripts and cues may be modified when opened in this build due to extensive changes and improvements made to the underlying code. Please check existing scripts before presenting.
- Use of the Lists (bullets, numbered lists, etc) feature may produce output to the Main display that differs slightly from the editor. Improvement is In progress.
- Use of Tabs in text is currently disabled due to improper display on output. Improvement is In progress.
- Large Cues Libraries can cause delays and unresponsiveness. Improvement is planned.
- AutoSave can cause delays and unresponsiveness while saving the script periodically. Can be disabled by the user, but is enabled by default.
Build 7.2.2 (Build 1364) - Oct. 11, 2019
1. Fixed a rare issue where the stage display would not update.
Build 7.2.1 (Build 1362) - Oct. 9, 2019
1. NEW FEATURE - Added Audio Objects and Audio Backgrounds
2. NEW FEATURE - Drag and Drop directions for media objects (in Edit Area and Cue Thumbnail)
3. NEW FEATURE - Added Key Object firing to Script Scenario Plug-In for both Main and Stage.
4. NEW FEATURE - Added Fire Control Plug-In to see (and adjust) all media elements playing at the current time.
5. NEW FEATURE - Added Speed Controls to Video Backgrounds.
6. Fixed a major crash involving Telerik third-party tools.
7. Fixed a rare crash caused by a copy error when using Page Breaks.
8. Added count of objects in Layers Tab.
9. Improved the Text Boxes and associated FX.
10. Improved the import of Lyrics from V6 (.ssc).
11. Improved scaling when changing resolutions of script.
12. Fixed a rare bug where Bible Reference would not fire correctly.
13. Implemented Cues Library saving after installing new version.
14. Fixed an issue on start-up when double-clicking a script with MediaShout 7 closed.
15. Fixed an issue where video background would refire when moving backwards through a cue.
16. Fixed an issue when firing Key Objects manually.
17. Fixed an issue defining Main and Stage Key Objects independently.
18. Added file name and path of original background media object.
19. Improved Video Background playback and transitions.
20. Improved Object Visibility UI in Layers.
21. Improved the Background Properties.
22. Fixed an issue where video objects using VLC may loop on some computers.
23. Significant improvement of saving and applying Presets.
24. Added ability to copy and paste entire license code in Activation Window.
25. Improved file path settings.
26. Fixed an issue where object layers may not work correctly.
27. Fixed an issue where the Remote Control config did not save on closing MediaShout 7.
28. Improved the Setting of In/Out points for Video and Audio.
29. Updated the “Sunday Sample.sc7x” script for installation.
30. Improved the Background FX options for images and videos.
31. Improved video playback code.
32. Fixed an issue where Key Objects may not show correctly in the Edit Area on fire.
33. Added labels to library media files.
34. Fixed an issue with Key Object creation.
35. Improved transitions for objects and pages.
36. Added audio FX for audio files.
37. Fixed an issue when firing a Blank Cue.
38. Adjusted Layers and Background Tabs to account for Audio
39. Improved Script saving logic.
40. Fixed an issue with Opacity settings on images.
41. Fixed an issue where the Key Object Plug-In may not correctly show the fired Key Object.
42. Fixed naming of script folder.
43. Fixed new script temp folder.
44. Fixed an issue with background media in temp folder.
45. Improved Windows Media Player Classic Video option.
46. Fixed an issue where Undo/Redo would not update info in the ribbon correctly.
47. Fixed an issue where the Cues Library temp folder would not work.
48. Fixed an issue with Preview of cues/pages in Edit Area.
49. Improved the Insert Bible Window.
50. Fixed an issue with Key Objects not refreshing on Main and Stage display.
51. Improved the Sermon Builder.
52. Fixed an issue with the installer file.
53. Fixed an issue where the right-click menu would blink unexpectedly.
54. Improvement of opening old MediaShout 7 scripts.
55. UI/UX Improvements.
56. Code refactoring for stability improvement and smaller installer file size.
Build 7.1.8 (Build 1258) - Sep. 3, 2019
1. Fixed an issue with Video Thumbnail Paths causing error
2. Fixed an issue with adding Cues to the Cue Library
3. Fixed a crash when using Stop All while playing a Video Background
4. Improved the folder paths for New Scripts
5. Fixed an issue where the Display Settings may not save correctly
6. Improved Key Objects functionality and stability
7. Fixed an issue where saving and auto-save could cause a corrupt script file
8. Added the ability to change video playback to Windows Media Player Classic
9. Other stability improvements
Build 7.1.7 (Build 1251) - Aug. 14, 2019
1. Added ability to download Bibles from within program
2. Added ability to select thumbnail for video objects
3. Added ability to set In/Out Points for Background Video
4. Improvement of Import PPT/PPTX parsing
5. New Settings Window (added tabs for easier navigation)
6. Fixed an issue where the Presenter Toggle may not work when first launching
7. Other stability improvements under the hood
Build 7.1.6 (Build 1243) - Aug. 5, 2019 - Limited Release
1. Improved Font Selection window controls
2. Improved focus control
3. Set Open Folder to match the Default Save Folder
4. Added In/Out Points for Video Backgrounds
5. Fixed an issue where the last line alignment after a page break would always be center
6. Fixed an issue where synching of Main to Stage would not keep visibility settings
7. Added PageUp/PageDown for USB Remote controls
8. Fixed an issue where an extra line break would be added when doing Page Breaks in Lyrics
9. Updated the V6 upgrade window to better explain the activation count
Build 7.1.5 (Build 1233) - July 30, 2019 - Limited Release
1. Update Registration Trial Information
2. Behind the scenes work on new language files
3. Fixed a random crash when using List View in Presenter Mode
Build 7.1.4 (Build 1230) - July 28, 2019
1. Fixed issue with SongSelect search and download
2. Fixed an issue where uninstalling may fail to complete
3. Fixed an issue with Main and Stage Display status and icons
Build 7.1.3 (Build 1227) - July 24, 2019
1. Improvement of Stanza List
2. Update of Right-Click Menu for Text objects
3. Improved the Lock Aspect Ratio Controls of an object
4. Improved the X, Y, H, and W of objects in the Ribbon
5. Improved the speed of switching between scripts
6. Improved FX functions for various objects
7. Updated Trial Licensing System
8. Improved Dissolve Transition for objects and pages
9. Fixed an issue where a saved script would not reopen when an object in the script was originally a read-only file
10. Fixed a rare issue where the program would lose user-control when failing to save a script
11. Fixed a rare issue with trial appearing when an activated computer is not connected to the internet
12. Added ability to mult-select lyrics in Lyric Library (for delete, move to folder, and insertion)
13. Updated Cue Library's order of cues
14. Improved the transition when moving from page to page in a non-linear fashion
15. Added toggle for Presenter View / Edit View in Main Ribbon
16. Fixed an issue where copied/cut cues will now paste after the selected cue
17. Added icons to toggle the Main/Stage displays on/off independently
Build 7.1.2 (Build 1204) - July 15, 2019
1. Fixed random issue with trial users receiving an error code
2. Fixed issue for 7.0.9 users with trial expired appearing unexpectedly
3. Fixed an issue where the Bibles may not appear fully in licensed build
Build 7.1.1 (Build 1203) - July 11, 2019 - For Licensed Users Only
1. NEW FEATURE - Timed Advanced of Cues (Custom Timed Advanced for Pages coming soon)
2. NEW FEATURE - Scenario Controls for Looping and firing other cues
3. NEW FEATURE - All Stanza Types Available
4. NEW FEATURE - Blank Stanza included
5. NEW FEATURE - Auto-Scroll added for Presenter Mode
6. NEW FEATURE - Ability to crop video files
7. NEW FEATURE - Multi-selection of Cues/Pages for copying, pasting, moving, and deleting
8. NEW FEATURE - Ability to control Main Display (F2) and Stage Display (F3) independently
9. NEW FEATURE - Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer or Library Tab to Cue to change BG
10. NEW FEATURE - Ability to control whether Main/Stage fire at launch or not (Settings Menu)
11. Update to Output Resolution controls
12. Fixed an issue where the Main Display Next Viewer could be black instead of the correct cue
13. Updated the system to automatically fire black to Main and Stage when launching the program
14. Improvements to Video Controls in the Edit Area
15. Fixed an issue where large script files may not open correctly
16. Improved licensing system (and trial configuration)
17. Fixed an issue with Drag and Drop of Stanzas in Insert Lyrics
18. Added parsing of Stanza Types from SongSelect imports
19. Improvements to Bible database
20. Improved V6 Lyric Import process
21. Updated the Offline Activation system
22. UI Improvements for smaller resolution screens
23. Added processing spinner UI for longer processing elements
24. Fixed an issue with the Open Script/File Dialog window
25. Fixed an issue where the text box selection could show in the viewers (and shouldn’t)
26. Improvements to Logo Key Object when a video file is chosen
27. Fixed an issue where the display could flash when firing a script in a one
28. Under the hood code improvements
30. General UI Improvements
Build 7.0.9 (Build 1166) - June 27, 2019 - LIMITED RELEASE
1. Improved Sync logic between Main and Stage
2. Fixed an issue where non-visible video objects would still play audio and take up resources
3. Fixed a crash when closing a script while auto-saving is occurring
4. Improved search in Cues Library
5. Improved save logic and performance
6. Updated Trial Service
7. Fixed an issue with videos on background
8. Improvements to the Presenter View
9. Move Bibles.sqlite to \My Shout\ so as not to delete when updating
10. Improvements to Video flashing when advancing from Cue to Cue
11. Improvements to cached files when restarting program
12. Fixed an issue where displays sizes may be incorrect when changing resolutions of an existing script
13. Improvements with Licensing System
14. Stability improvements to Insert Bible Window
15. Fixed an issue in Sermon Builder where the ADD button would not work for scripture
16. Fixed an issue where the APPLY button would not visually change with Transition updates
17. Fixed an issue where ENTER in the Sermon Builder could cause a crash.
18. Improvements to reading/writing to files on user systems
Build 7.0.8 (Build 1149) - June 21, 2019
1. Separated out the User Config file when updating from a previous build.
2. Fixed an issue with videos on background that would cause an unexpected behavior.
Build 7.0.7 (Build 1147) - No public release (internal only)
1. Fixed an issue with the cursor not appearing in the correct spot when double-clicking on editable text.
2. Fixed an issue where the installer may recommend C++ when it is already installed.
3. Improved the All Caps function when working with Text Boxes.
4. Updated the ToolTips for Resolutions to clarify their function.
5. Fixed an issue with empty text areas.
6. Improvements of Lyric importing from V6.
7. Fixed an issue with certain V6 .ssc files containing unexpected characters.
8. Improvements of registration process.
9. Change phone number validation for registration.
10. Improvements to licensing system.
Build 7.0.6 (Build 1139) - June 17, 2019
1. Improvements to saving User Configuration when updating builds.
2. Added ability to Apply Formatting when synching linked Objects from Main to Stage.
3. Improved notification for users when a process takes longer to complete (busy icon on page).
Build 7.0.5 (Build 1136) - June 13, 2019
1. Improvement of Video System
2. Fixed a rare issue where the program could close and not save the script correctly if there was a video file
3. Fixed an issue with Key Objects appearing incorrectly on the Stage Display
4. Fixed an issue with Key Objects disappearing when switching scripts
5. Fixed a rare issue when doing an Offline Activation that may fail
Build 7.0.4 (Build 1133) - June 12, 2019
1. Minor search improvements in Insert Lyrics.
2. Improvement of the Activation Wizard text.
3. Improved UI clarity for already downloaded SongSelect lyric.
4. Improved UI clarity for right-click menu when Synching Main to Stage.
5. Added Required Fields to Registration for Trial and Activation windows.
6. Added ToolTip to Cues Library when hovering over the Cue Name.
7. Fixed a crash when deleting a Cue from the Script that is currently being fired to the Displays.
8. Updated licensing behavior to improve Trials and Activations experience.
9. Updated the Installer UI Text for clarity.
10. Fixed an issue where uninstalling (or updating) could display a window about Deactivation (note: updating any build prior to this build may still show the window, but from this build forward, it should not appear).
Build 7.0.3 (Build 1126) - June 7, 2019
1. Fixed an issue where selecting the video thumbnail of a background could cause a crash
2. Fixed an issue where a recently created script with a video element may not save or reopen in the same session correctly
Build 7.0.2 (Build 1124) - June 6, 2019
1. Fixed an issue for some users getting an Expired Trial
2. Improvement to Video Playback
3. Improved the Comment Box in a Cue to dynamically expand
4. Fixed an issue where the background might cut transition instead of the set transition when transitioning from cue to cue
5. Added Loading notification when processing certain functions that take longer than normal
6. Fixed an issue when copying/pasting a currently fired cue in the script
7. Fixed an issue where cue numbers where incorrect when copying/pasting
8. Added the ability to "Apply Formatting" for text boxes on Stage Display
9. Fixed an issue for Windows 7 users when trying to activate Online
Build 7.0.1 (Build 1115) - June 4, 2019
1. Original Launch Build