MediaShout Remote provides control and preview of MediaShout presentations over your Wi-Fi network from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- MediaShout Version 6.x (Windows or Mac), Version 5.x (Windows), MediaShout Version 4.5 (Windows) or MediaShout V1.1 (Mac) installed with the latest updates.
- MediaShout Remote app purchased from the App Store.
- Wi-Fi connection with all devices using the same network.
Setting Up MediaShout Remote
- Open MediaShout.
- Go to Tools > Settings > Remote (V4 or V5), Settings Tab > General Settings > Remote ( MediaShout 6 PC or Mac) or MediaShout > Preferences > Remote (MediaShout for Mac V1.1.5256).
- Check the box to enable MediaShout Remote Server (V4, V5 and MediaShout 6 PC or Mac), or Click the On button (MediaShout for Mac V1.1.5256).
- Check the box labeled 'Presenter' (V4), 'Enable Presenter Mode' (V5), 'Enable Control Mode' (MediaShout 6 PC or Mac) or 'Presenter Password' (MediaShout for Mac V1.1.5256) and enter a password to enable remote Presenter access.
- OPTIONAL: Enter a 'Viewer' password to restrict remote Viewer access.
- For users running Windows 10 or the Mac version, it is recommended that you change the default Server Port to 8080.
MediaShout Remote Setup
- Open the app and select your MediaShout computer from the list of Available Computers.
- iPad Users: Turn on Large Thumbnails to enable higher-resolution images in the app. This will require a faster connection.
- Select Presenter or Viewer mode and enter any passwords when prompted.
- Use the Settings button to return to a list of available computers.
USING MEDIASHOUT REMOTE
MediaShout Remote has two modes: Viewer and Presenter.
View the presentation as it is played from the MediaShout computer. Similar to MediaShout displays, Viewer mode can access the Main Display (the presentation as-seen by the audience) or Stage Display (a confidence monitor for your stage team) by tapping the icon in the top-right corner.
Remotely play a presentation created on the MediaShout computer. Presenter Mode provides several viewing and playback options:
View a presentation as it appears on your MediaShout computer
- Drag your finger up and down to scroll through your presentation.
- Tap the Up and Down Arrows to play the previous or next cues.
- Tap a Thumbnail to play the cue
- Tap the Panic Button to play any Panic Cue from the Firebox.
View full-screen thumbnails of your entire presentation. Landscape has two playback options:
- Presentation Mode - Swipe right or left to play the previous or next cue.
- Preview Mode - Swipe right or left to preview the previous or next cue. Double-tap to play the selected cue.
If you experience problems getting your computer to be found by the app, please follow the troubleshooting steps here: Remote App is Unable to Find Computer.