To successfully use the MediaShout Remote app, you need to connect both your iOS device and your MediaShout computer to the same network. This is typically done by connecting both devices to the same WiFi router. When you launch the app, you will be presented with a list of available computers that are running MediaShout and are available for remote control.
- Check to see if you have the latest update to MediaShout installed. You will need to be using the latest build of v4.5, v5 or v6. The Mac versions also support the Remote App.
- Make sure that the MediaShout Remote Server is enabled on your computer. See Getting Started with MediaShout Remote for detailed instructions.
- Ensure that the Presenter view or the passwords are appropriately enabled.
- Verify that the IP address of both the computer and iOS device are located on the same segment of the network. In most network scenarios, IP addresses on the same network segment share the same first three sections, like this: 192.168.1. 147 and 192.168.1.152. If this is not the case, you will need to check with your network administrator for assistance.
- If you are certain that both devices are on the same network but the computer is still not showing up in the app, try changing the port number used by the server to 8080 or another port that you know is open and available. For additional information about ports, see this Wikipedia article.
- Ensure that any AV software, firewall software or hardware is configured to allow access to the MediaShout software. There is a separate article that explains how to enable communication through the Windows Firewall.
While we strive to provide the best service and support in our industry, it is not possible for us to provide network troubleshooting or configuration assistance. Those devices and settings are frequently difficult to remotely access and vary widely from customer to customer. We have tested the app in a variety of network settings and it has worked in all of those situations. If you continue to have problems, we recommend seeking the assistance of a computer networking professional.
Note: Some internet security software will see excessive login attempts using an incorrect password as an intrusion and may completely block the connection. If the password you are using in the app doesn't work, try changing it in MediaShout to be sure that you are entering the same password correctly.