Under certain conditions, some customers have experienced a problem after installing or updating MediaShout version 4. These problems usually occur because Windows doesn't have all of the available updates installed, and a new component in these builds cannot be used without those supporting files. If you have experienced this issue, you will have received errors like these:
- "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log..."
- "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling... "
- "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application."
To correct this situation, please do the following:
- Install ALL Windows updates that are available. (This will very likely involve running the Windows Update utility multiple times until it tells you that no more updates are available.)
- Run this Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Installer.
- Run MediaShout.
If this fails, you may need to reinstall the most recent build and retest. If all else fails you should be able to uninstall MediaShout v4 and run the latest installer located here. If this happens, please contact our technical support department for further assistance resolving this issue at 866-857-1292.