Occasionally users need to transfer their MediaShout 7 files to another computer in order to use the same script files, songs, etc on the new computer. Here is the best way to do this:
(NOTE: In MediaShout 7, you will need to go to Help > About and Deactivate your license before you activate it on the new computer if the old computer is no longer going to be used for MediaShout. This is to release one of your activations so that you can use it on the new computer. It will not let you activate a copy for use on a new computer if you exceed your total number of allotted installs.)
- On the old computer, copy the My Shout folder, found at C:\Users\Public, to a jump drive or an external hard drive. The My Shout\MS7 folder contains all of the supporting files needed for the program such as the media, bibles, Cues Library, lyrics, etc.) Please keep in mind, this does not include media files or scripts that you have stored elsewhere on the computer. These files will need to be transferred to the new computer as well if you wish to continue using them.
- Take the copied files to the new computer.
- Go to C:\Users\Public
- Copy the My Shout folder that you backed up from your old computer into the Public folder of the new system. Be sure to do this BEFORE installing MediaShout 7 on the new computer.
- Install MediaShout 7 using the latest build from the download link on our website.
- Activate the software as usual, and you will be up and running. MediaShout 7 will use the files that you put in place before installing instead of using new copies of those files.
Note: You may need to change your settings in Preferences since the existing settings may not match the new computer's display outputs.
If you have any other files that you use in MediaShout (such as pictures or videos) located somewhere other than the My Shout folder, then you will need to copy them separately to a suitable location on the new computer.
If you have any trouble with these steps, please contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.