Occasionally users need to transfer their MediaShout 7 files to another computer in order to use the same script files, songs, etc on the new computer. Here is the best way to do this:
(NOTE: In MediaShout 7, you will need to go to Help > About and Deactivate your license before you activate it on the new computer if the old computer is no longer going to be used for MediaShout. This is to release one of your activations so that you can use it on the new computer. It will not let you activate a copy for use on a new computer if you exceed your total number of allotted installs.)
BEFORE INSTALLING MEDIASHOUT 7 ON THE NEW COMPUTER:
- On the old computer:
- Copy the My Shout folder, found at C:\Users\Public, to a jump drive or an external hard drive. (The My Shout\MS7 folder contains all of the supporting files needed for the program such as the media, bibles, and Cues Library) Please keep in mind, this does not include media files or scripts that you have stored elsewhere on the computer. These files will need to be transferred to the new computer as well if you wish to continue using them.
- Copy the MediaShout folder in the C:\ProgramData directory to the jump drive or the external hard drive. NOTE: The C:\ProgramData directory may be hidden so you must unhide it. You can find instructions on unhiding directories here: View hidden files and folders in Windows (microsoft.com)
- Take the copied folders to the new computer.
- Go to C:\Users\Public and copy the My Shout folder that you backed up from your old computer into the Public folder of the new system.
- Copy the MediaShout folder from the jump drive or external hard drive to the C:\ProgramData folder. If the C:\ProgramData is hidden unhide it.
- Install MediaShout 7 using the latest build from the on our website.
- Activate the software as usual, and you will be up and running. MediaShout 7 will use the files that you put in place before installing instead of using new copies of those files.
In addition to those steps, you'll need to move your lyrics library via an import/export option within the program:
To move your lyrics from one computer to the other:
1. Open MediaShout 7's lyric library from within the program on the old system.
2. Choose the "Edit" mode option in that window, and on the left side select any and all songs you'd like to move over to another system. From here, select the "Export" option on the panel to the left, that has the list of icons and then choose the location in your files to export them to.
3. Move the exported file to the other system via whatever means you prefer
4. On the other system open the program and then open the lyric library. From there go to the "Edit" mode, and choose the "Import" option on the left side's list of icons and that should import them into that computer at that point.
Note: You may need to change your settings in Preferences since the existing settings may not match the new computer's display outputs.
If you have any other files that you use in MediaShout (such as pictures or videos) located somewhere other than the My Shout folder, then you will need to copy them separately to a suitable location on the new computer.
If you have any trouble with these steps, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.