NOTE: If you are using PowerPoint files for your Announcements, you can now use the Import Slideshow option (Home > Insert Elements > Import Slideshow) NOT the generic Slideshow option. Using the Import option will convert the file and Insert it as one cue with multiple pages.
Sometimes, you need to insert multiple Images/Videos/Announcements into a Script and set them to advance Automatically and Loop.
Here are instructions for how to do this:
1) Open Mediashout 6, then open the File Explorer Window over top of it and go to the folder. Then press CTRL + A or hold down the CTRL key while selecting the needed files, then click and DRAG those slides right into the script area of Mediashout.
2) You will now see the slides have been inserted in order to your Mediashout script.
3) If you would like to set the slides to auto advance, such as to create an announcement loop, you can do so by clicking the down arrow in the top right corner of one of the slides while they are all selected. From there, you can change the timing from MANUAL to TIMED and assign an amount of seconds.
4) Insert a Script Control below your slides (Insert Elements and then Script Control) and set the "Target" to the first cue that you want to be apart of the loop. Make sure it says LOOP. Now, the slides will loop continuously until you click and fire a cue not in the loop.
PUTTING THE SLIDES IN AS ONE CUE:
If you would like to put the songs in as one cue, such as how they'd appear if you had inserted the Powerpoint slideshow in the past, or how they would appear if you had multiple pages within a song, etc, follow these steps:
1. Go to Insert Elements and create a BLANK cue.
2. Click on ADD PAGE to add as many pages as you need for your Powerpoint slides. In this case, I am going to need five.
3. Once you have created the pages you need, it will look this.
4. Then you will need to open the Windows Explorer folder where your picture slides are located after exporting them from Powerpoint. You can navigate to the folder on top of Mediashout being open by clicking the folder icon on Windows 10, or pressing the Window key to bring up the start menu and go to Computer on Windows 7 for instance. Or you could even make make Mediashout smaller, and see the folder on your desktop as shown here. Once you have the folder open, you will need to drag each slide individually onto the slide you want it on in the pages area. You must drag them one at a time and drop them directly on top of the thumbnail as shown.
5. Repeat this process until you get all the slides into the cue as shown.
6. You are finished! It will look like this:
7. If you'd like to setup timings to auto advance through the slides, follow the three steps shown below. You'd add a script control directly after the cue if you want to make it loop. Revisit the earlier steps in this article for information about inserting and using a script control.
For more information about this, Check out our Training page and User Guide: