Sometimes users need to reset their Power Presenter remote. If the base doesn't "blink" when you press the remote do the following:
- Press the button on the base 1 time.
- Press the big button on the remote 3 times.
To reprogram your remote, do the following:
- Have your computer on, fully logged in and running.
- Plug the USB or PS/2 cable (not both) into the related port on your computer.
- Plug the Power Presenter base/receiver unit into the cable.
- Launch a text editing software application like MS Word.
- Open a blank document and have that on the front window of your monitor.
- On the back of the base/receiver unit, press the Program button 3 times.
- Keyboard commands will begin appearing on your open text window.
- When you see the command you need for your software, immediately press the button on your remote that you wish to be matched to that keystroke. For MediaShout the normal commands are:
- F9 - Top Button
- F8 - Top and Middle buttons pressed together
- F7 - Middle Button
When a command is recognized, the LED on the base/receiver will flash and the scrolling text will pause. The scrolling will continue until all three button options (top, middle, both) are programmed. If scrolling continues, the programming was not successful and you may need to repeat the steps above. Please note, although you may not need or use all three functions, they must be programmed to prevent the loss of programming.
- Close your text software.
- Test your remote to confirm the commands you wanted.
NOTE: If your remote does not give you all F Key options, you will need to use a different set of commands. I recommend Page Up(middle button) Page Down(top button) and F6 (both buttons). Unfortunately there is not an update you can apply to the remote that will give you all F Key options.
Page up and Page down are the defaults, so you may not need to adjust these settings. But if the remote is not working, go to Tools>Settings>Remote and set the Hardware/USB Remote settings to Page Up/Page Down.
Then before you can use the remote, you must toggle the "Remote" button in the Tool Bar.