MediaShout does not show the text content of PowerPoint presentations on the Stage Display by default in our current builds. If you have a full version of PowerPoint installed on your computer, however, it is possible to enable this capability by following these steps:
- Open a Slideshow cue in the cue editor, select the 'Foreground' tab, and then click on 'Cue: [your filename]' in the white, play-order box.
- Apply the default template by re-selecting the template with the green 'splash' on it (usually named 'Standard').
- Make sure you are in the 'Advanced' view, then select the 'Stage' tab.
- Expand the 'Content' settings on the right side of the cue editor by clicking the '+' next to the 'Content' heading.
- Change the 'Body text' setting from 'Custom' to 'Main body'.
- Click on the ' t ' button next to the template drop-down menu (at the top of the cue editor) and choose 'Save to Template'.
- You may then choose to adjust the format of the text using the other options in the advanced settings pane if you desire.
- Click 'OK' to exit, and then when you fire the cue your Stage Display should show the text content from the current PowerPoint page.
Note: Because the Stage Display is copying text from the PowerPoint slide, there will be no animations. All text on the page will appear at once and remain displayed until the next full page is selected in the Slideshow cue. This function is not possible when using the PowerPoint Viewer '97 because that viewer doesn't have the ability to extract the text from each slide.